I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t like ice cream. And Earl Grey tea. If you have never had it, you need to. It just might become your favorite tea, like it has mine. I couldn’t resist turning it into ice cream.
This ice cream is so refreshing, due to the lovely Earl Grey. I seriously just can’t get enough of that tea! The perfect end to summer meal, but who says you can’t eat ice cream in cold weather, too? I say, go for it!
So go and make it, there will be no regrets. Only ice cream.
- 2 cups Cream
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Earl Grey Tea, loose leaf
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Stevia
- 4 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring the cream and almond milk to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- 2. Put your tea in a large tea ball, and steep in the hot milk mixture for 4 minutes.
- 3. Add a little of the milk to the egg yolks, and whisk until smooth.
- 4. Put the milk back on the heat and pour in the egg yolks, whisking briskly. Continue to whisk until the mixture has thickened, then remove from heat.
- 5. Add the vanilla, salt, stevia, and vegetable glycerin.
- 6. Cool the mixture, then pour into your ice cream machine, following the machine's directions.
- 3 cups