First off, I’m going to apologize for the long silence. Now I’m going to tell you why it’s been so long since I’ve posted. 🙂 I have started a new adventure working for a food truck called Chelsea’s Real Food. It’s been a very fun experience getting to know the business side of food a bit more, and hanging out with other people in the kitchen. I love getting to work with food all day long. Although that has made me busier I found the time to perfect this amazing drink that I had tried creating a while back.
It tastes like summer, which is a very good thing since we still have snow…and it’s April.
This Orange Creamsicle Sip is basically a flavor twist on the Winter Wonderland Sip (page 405 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook) that Serene created. It tastes just like orange creamsicles. Who wouldn’t want to drink ice cream all day long?
- 4 tsp. loose leaf Rooibos Red Tea (or 4 tea bags)
- 2 rounded tsp. Vanilla Protein Powder
- 4 pinches Celtic Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Vitamin C Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Stevia
- 1 tsp. Gelatin
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. Pure Orange Extract (I used Watkin's brand)
- 1. Bring two cups of water to a boil, then add tea and steep for 4 minutes.
- 2. While your tea is steeping add the rest of your ingredients to a blender.
- 3. Pour tea into blender and blend until well combined and creamy. This is your concentrate.
- 4. Fill a two quart container with ice and pour your concentrate on top.
- 5. Fill the container to the top with water.