I have a new craze that I think I’ll be doing a lot of experimenting with. First off, I love iced coffee. Second, I love the quality, gourmet stuff.
Cold brew coffee is super easy to make, and tastes so much better! There is less acidity, which yields a much rounder taste. It is common to use a blend of coffee and chicory root, which I have not yet tried, but I will as soon as I can!
I love the simplicity of letting the coffee gently brew in the fridge, waiting until I’m ready for it. This iced coffee is Fuel Pull, and it’s so delicious! Now to the recipe…
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Dark Roast Coffee
- 1/4 cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/3 tsp. Stevia
- Dash Maple Extract, or flavoring of choice
- Coffee Cubes
- 1. Pour your water into a quart jar, and add coffee grounds. Screw a lid on and shake it to mix. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. You can let it brew longer for a stronger coffee.
- 2. Strain the coffee through a fine mush sieve, lined with a coffee filter.
- 3. Fill a pint-sized glass with coffee cubes (this keeps your iced coffee from diluting as it melts), add your coffee, and top it off with the creamer. Stir and drink up!
- This makes enough cold brew coffee for a few servings. The creamer is for one serving.